How to Make Hash Oil for a Vape Pen
We all love a good DIY project, and sometimes it’s even better to do things yourself. Well, vaping THC doesn’t have to be left out of your DIY projects, because you can make your own THC Vape Pen liquid in a few simple steps.
Actually, making your own vape liquid at home can have its benefits. One of these benefits is the fact that you can control exactly how much THC goes into the e-liquid, and you can choose exactly what kind of concentrates you can use.
In this blog we’d like to guide you through how to make every basic vape oil at home and how to add THC to it. Of course, you will need a few things before you get started, and here is the list below:
- Your favorite concentres. We recommend a liquid concentrate, crystal, or wax concentrate.
- Food grade Vegetable Glycerin (VG).
- Food grade Propylene Glycol (PG).
- A flavoring of your choice. You can purchase flavorings specifically for vape liquids here
- A bowl and a whisk (automatic or manual) to mix the ingredients.
- A funnel to transfer your finished vape liquid into the bottles.
- One or two bottles for the finished product.
Once you have gathered all the products you will use, the next thing you’ll want to do is determine whether you will need to melt the concentrates that you will be using (wax, honeycomb, crystals, shatter, etc). If so, you will need to also gather a double boiler system or a saucepan and bowl in which you can melt the product.
How to Make Hash Oil for a Vape Pen
Now we can move on to the step-by-step tutorial on how to make your own hash oil for a vape pen at home! Below are all the steps listed, but if you have a question, please contact us at any point and we’ll be more than happy to personally guide you.
- First, it is important to determine what “strength” or percentage of THC you would like to have in your vape liquid. A suggested ratio is one gram of concentrate for every milliliter of e-liquid you will use.
- Once you have calculated the amount of THC concentrates you would like to use, you can then measure them out. Also, if you need to melt down your concentrates, you will want to begin to do that now. Bring around 3 inches of water to a boil in a pot, then place a heat-safe bowl into the water. Then place the concentrates inside the bowl and stir constantly until it is melted.
- Now you can measure the VG and PG. The trick to getting smooth vape liquid is getting the ratio VG:PG right. Many suggest a 70:30 ratio, but it really depends on your preferences, so feel free to experiment!
- You will also want to measure out your flavoring. You can alter the intensity by measuring less or more flavoring. You can also read the packaging to see what amount would be best.
- Once you have all your ingredients measured out and ready to mix, you can do exactly that. In a bowl, slowly mix the VG and PG together until it is well incorporated. Then, add your concentrates very slowly and mix vigorously until you can see no visible separation or pockets. Then add the flavoring! Just note that there really is no way to over-mix it, so don’t worry about that at all.
- After mixing, all that’s left to do is to carefully pour your e-liquid into the bottles you chose for them, and you’re done!
We also want to mention that your safety is always most important to us, so please take all the necessary safety measures before and during the process of making your DIY hash oil for vape. This could include wearing gloves and eye protection. In short, be safe!
We hope this guide was helpful, and we can’t wait to hear how your DIY project went, so please let us know!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.